Assistant to support the Growing and Kitchen Gardening
Closing Date: 3 Apr 2023
Working For: https: Ewhurst Park Ltd
An exciting new position has arisen for an Assistant to support the Growing and Kitchen Gardening Team at Ewhurst Park near Basingstoke in Hampshire.
Ewhurst Park is a 925-acre rural estate which has embarked on an estate-wide biodiversity and sustainability project with the goal of restoring the land for nature, growing healthy and ethically produced organic food. We aim to inspire people to reconnect with the land, nature, and sources of food through community outreach, organised education and hospitality events held on the estate.
Areas of responsibility:
Primarily, you will support our Botantist with all elements of growing and gardening duties on the estate. This will involve assisting with developing our Market Gardens to grow produce for our London restaurant, and events held on the estate, maintaining the existing gardens, creating new gardens and orchards, developing forest gardens, and implementing best practice environmental methods of growing and food production.
You will be joining a small team serving various estate functions with leadership from the Estate Manager. Your role will be diverse, requiring flexibility in your responsibilities. As a growing organisation with an evolving structure you will be required to be adaptable, willing to use your initiative in a start-up environment and be proactive.
In addition to carrying out essential tasks, the role provides an excellent opportunity to be involved in a new and expanding business with a solid ethical focus on restoring our natural landscape.
All applicants should have a strong interest in nature recovery and be passionate about taking action for nature. There is no onsite accommodation available for this role. Essential skills for a successful candidate are as follows:
- A minimum basic level of horticultural and gardening knowledge, with a passion for it too!
- Relevant practical experience in growing and kitchen gardening
- A practical and methodical approach to working Good communication skills
- The ability to work in a team and interact with a wide range of people
- To be able to work to deadlines in an efficient and resilient way
- A good level of health and fitness and ability to take on manual tasks
- A positive, open-minded approach to the job and a willingness to take on new and varied tasks
- Ability to work efficiently on your own when required Have good problem-solving skills
- Engaging with visitors and the local community at events held on the estate
- A good understanding of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are seeking candidates who can work in a professional, positive, kind and respectful way with colleagues and stakeholders.
Closing Date: 3rd April 2023
Application Details: To apply, send a CV and a cover letter/email to email@example.com with “Assistant Gardener” in the subject line.
Due to the expected volume of applications we are only able to contact successful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, we ensure that we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from everyone with the skills set out in the job advert.