Salary: £23,329.64-£40,000.00 per year, dependent on experience
Operating across London
Working For: The Outsiders
The Outsiders is a fast growing and well-respected garden design, landscaping and maintenance company operating across London. We are looking for experienced full-time gardeners to join our busy and innovative team, responsible for planting and maintaining premium and innovative domestic and commercial projects across London.
This exciting role requires team players who show initiative and work independently; they will report directly to the office. The successful candidate will need to be self-motivated with good horticultural knowledge, be passionate about gardening and have a desire to develop.
- Work as part of a soft landscaping team to plant and maintain prestigious, premium gardens and commercial sites across London
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively manage a busy and flexible schedule
- Deliver great customer services, able to build client relationships and respond calmly and politely to any queries
- Be proactive in ensuring the gardens are of the highest quality at all times.
- Highlight and communicate any problems or developments to GM Manager.
- Ensure all tools, materials and plants are taken to site when required.
- Daily completion of electronic job sheets highlighting next steps for future jobs.
- Ensure that the van is kept clean and tidy with a full set of tools.
- Oversee and carry out general garden maintenance – including mowing, planting annuals and bulbs, pruning at the correct time, lawn care and overall garden development.
- Secure handling and storing of client’s keys and security/alarm codes
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are followed.
You will need:
- Good horticultural knowledge with at least 3-4 years + experience in the industry to include knowledge of: pruning, pest & disease control, planting, seasonal variations, irrigation, lawn care, horticultural machinery.
- A desire and passion to continually learn and develop
- Good organisation and time management.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively and appropriately with clients, operations team and designers.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Full clean UK driving license.
- Recognized horticultural qualification, or a high level of horticultural experience/knowledge.
To apply, please send a CV plus brief covering letter to: email@example.com