Employer : The Chelsea Gardener
Location : Chelsea, London (Greater)
Salary : Competitive
Closing date: 1 Mar 2024
The Garden Maintenance Manager is responsible for the daily running of garden maintenance of an assigned portfolio of high-end residential and commercial properties, to deliver safe and compliant services to meet contractual specifications on time and on budget.
– Undertake regular visits to the assigned sites to ensure operations are carried out to the appropriate quality, frequency, and timescales.
– Review site reports and address any operational deficiencies promptly and efficiently, communicating all corrective actions back to clients within agreed timescales.
– Liaise with clients as required.
– Careful monitoring of irrigation systems, including planning and overseeing winter shutdown and spring start up programmers.
– Manage staff attendance and plan for seasonal demand variations, leave, sickness and absence to ensure that all contractual obligations are met and maintained.
– Monitor the teams to ensure correct compliance with HR, H&S, admin and working practices and procedures.
– Work with the Team Leaders to ensure all operatives are fully equipped each day with the necessary tools, equipment, and materials to complete required tasks.
– Oversee and carry out general garden maintenance, including but not limited to mowing, pruning, mulching, irrigating, preparing areas ready for planting.
– Carry out physically demanding tasks including heavy lifting and carrying, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, kneeling and repetitive motion.
– Ensure care for Maintenance equipment.
– Ensure vehicles assigned to the Maintenance Teams are kept in good working order.
– Assist with fleet management inspections across both operational divisions.
– Liaise with HR to address the Maintenance Teams support, training & development needs.
– Maintain effective employee, client, and public relations.
– Any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Operations Manager or Maintenance and Soft Landscape Manager.