Fulham Football Club
Our Values are simply the things that are most important to us and will be demonstrated through the way in which we behave in achieving our business objectives. Our people are at the centre of the delivery of our Club Values
Work under the direction of line manager, to develop and maintain Motspur Park + Craven Cottage Football Pitch and surrounding landscapes. With the target to achieve the highest pitch parameters and maintenance standards expected by the Head Groundsperson, Squad Management and Directors of the Club.
Responsibilities (below are example responsibilities but this is not intended as an exhaustive list)
– Ensure that the Club Landscapes + Surrounds are maintained to the highest standards
– Working between the clubs two sites.
– Follow all health and softy regulations
– Ensure that all machines, tools, equipment, and club properties are maintained appropriately.
– Ensure that the Management Team are kept informed of progress with routine work and are notified of major issues as soon as they are identified
– Keep line manager and staff informed of landscape & pitch works, job lists and communicate any issues to relevant parties
– Liaise with outside users/contractors (as required)
– Ensure that all materials and resources are effectively and efficiently utilised to minimise waste.
– Day to day operational duties will include but are not limited to physical activities and operating machinery including:
– Mowing. (Hand and ride on machines)
– Driving tractors & utility vehicles
– Chemical spraying. (If qualified)
– Hedge trimming and collection.
– A good knowledge of maintaining Landscapes
– Good attention to detail.
– Ability to work on their own.
– Good forward thinking.
– Heavy lifting. (Bags of product e.g., 25 kg)
– Use of strimmer’s, blowers, and edger’s
– Irrigation operation and watering duties
– Daily diary entries
Health & Safety
As confident custodians, all staff must adhere to the Club’s Health and Safety policy as well as comply with all role specific health and safety requirements. In addition, all staff have the responsibility to report any breach or potential breach in health & safety to a member of the 185 committee or senior manager.
Fulham Football Club acknowledges that everyone has a responsibility for the wellbeing and safety of children, young people and adults at risk who are under the Club’s care or utilizing the Club’s facilities.
As part of Fulham Football Club’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and adults at risk the Club requires all staff in child, young person and ‘adult at risk’ facing roles:
– To be clear about the clubs responsibilities when running activities for these groups;
– Will have read and understood the suite of safeguarding policies including safeguarding children policy, adults at risk policy, anti-bullying policy, whistleblowing and equality policy
– Understand and promote staff and players code of conduct
– Will understand how to refer a concern;
– To be consistent rale models:
– To complete the Fulham safer Working Practice Workshop as part of induction and the FA Safeguarding Children workshop; and
– To monitor repeated incidents of poor behaviour and liaise with their DSO or Head of Safeguarding
We are committed to supporting an environment where all staff have a personal responsibility to uphold the Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy by treating fellow employees, prospective employees, casual workers, prospective casual workers, players, prospective players and customers fairly and impartially.
- Horticulture Background
- Good knowledge of plant identification and management.
- Knowledge of maintaining landscapes to a high standard.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Ability to provide written and/or verbal progress reports to management.
- Entry level or above in Horticulture
- Physically fit
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to think on your feet and use own initiative.
- Flexible attitude to work tasks and hours.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Genuine commitment to high quality standards
- Team worker.
- Can do attitude.
- 1+ years as a Landscape gardener or similar role.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Take responsibility of tasks.
- Spraying qualifications pa1, pa2, pa6.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Good Horticulture Knowledge.
- Understanding of health and safety.
- Good Knowledge for plants and landscapes.
- Good attention to detail.
- Hard working.
- Works to a high standard.
- Enjoys working as part of a team.
- Good problem solver.
applicants must apply: https://careers.fulhamfc.com/job/5054694b-6814-41a3-9b42-80b93a8c3df8