https://landscapingmatters.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/artman-featured.jpg 400 495 lm-admin http://landscapingmatters.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/LM-logo-1.png lm-admin2023-03-06 16:16:202023-03-06 16:16:20Estate Gardener
Closing Date: 21st March 2023
Working For: Artman Management
Wentworth Estate, Virginia Water
- Exciting opportunity to work in an incredible, evolving garden with exciting scope for the future.
- We require a skilled and passionate all-round gardener to work on a 7-acre private estate.
- Previous experience of working on a private estate would be desirable but not essential as long as you have the professionalism to work on one.
- Must work well on your own and as part of a team and have a strong, positive work ethic.
- To assist the head gardener and assistant head gardener.
- To carry out horticultural, general, amenity, grounds and maintenance duties.
- To carry out to a high standard any task given.
- To keep the garden to an absolute quality at all times.
- Qualified to a level 3 standard in horticulture desirable, minimum level 2.
- Experience of minimum 5 years in horticulture.
- Experience of working with animals desirable but not essential.
- Good plant knowledge is desirable.
- Able to identify pests and diseases desirable but not essential.
- Experience of using and repairing irrigation systems desirable but not essential.
- Spray licence is desirable but not essential.
- Carry out duties requested by the head gardener.
- Grounds maintenance using hand tools and mechanical machinery.
- Checking the health of plants, identifying any pests or diseases and controlling them. soil preparation.
- Lawn work/maintenance
- In-depth bed work (Plant by plant maintenance/ feeding/weeding/pruning/mulching/supporting/training/deadheading).
- Pruning/trimming/shaping topiaries.
- Maintaining high levels of presentation in all areas of the garden.
- Looking after animals.
- Other gardening duties as required.
- Own driving licence essential due to location
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Training and development encouraged and available
- Can work well under own initiative and as part of a team
- 45-hour week/40-hour working week 7:30-16:30 (inc 1-hour lunch per day) required to work 1 weekend (Sat/Sun 8-12) every 5 for same amount of time off in lieu
Location: Virginia Water
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Please send your CV to Mitch@artmanmanagement.com