Experienced Gardener/ Horticulturalist
Working For: Isola Garden Design Ltd
We are a BALI award-winning landscape design company based in Warwickshire, serving the south Birmingham and north Cotswold area.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and experienced gardener who is passionate about horticulture. You will be required to deliver domestic aftercare maintenance services to a high standard, which meets our customers’ high expectations and helps develop the gardens created by the Isola design and landscape team to look their best. You must take pride in your work and strive to consistently improve your knowledge & skills.
You will also have the opportunity throughout the year to support our landscape installations. Being involved in the border preparation, setting out and planting of gardens we have designed using detailed planting schemes..
We are open to supporting individuals with additional training and horticultural qualifications if required.
The successful candidate must have:
· A full UK driving licence .
· Previous experience of working in a high quality horticultural establishment ideally in a high end domestic or estate setting.
· Excellent horticulture knowledge.
· The ability to work to high standards and be effective and efficient when working on your own or as part of the wider team.
· Previous experience operating a range of horticultural equipment including push mowers, strimmers, hedge cutting equipment etc.
· Qualified at least to an NVQ level 2 in amenity horticulture or equivalent.
· Certificates in spraying (PA1 PA6) are preferable, but not essential.
· Expef turfing desirable, but not essential.
· Excellent awareness of Health & Safety issues and implementing procedures.
· Be able to work efficiently, whilst still maintaining high attention to detail.
· Be physically strong & fit.
· Experience implementing quality standards and working to customer specifications.
· Good customer and people skills.
· Be fluent in English.
· Be well-presented, hardworking and polite.
· Reliable, honest & trustworthy
Additional duties to include lawn mowing (occasional), blowing & sweeping, pressure washing, weeding, planting, moss removal, ensuring all tools are present & maintaining them appropriately to ensure damage and loss is minimised, keeping the van clean, tidy & well organised so that tools can be found as and when needed and to minimise damage to plants & tools, being responsible for accurately logging jobs, being able to identify plants accurately & prune using correct techniques and at the correct time of year, buying materials as needed, driving the vans, being responsible for customer’s keys, liaising with customers, liaising with management re job requirements & feedback from customers, being point of contact for site deliveries.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays, company pension, be part of a friendly open-minded business who genuinely care about the welfare & happiness of their employees & about making a difference in the world with our sustainable horticultural practices.
Job Type: Full-time (Part Time negotiable – 3 days per week minimum)
Salary: £26k – £30k per annum (Pro rata)
Reports to: Head Gardener
· Monday to Friday
Work Location: Warwickshire, South Birmingham & North Cotswold area
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com