Closing Date: 18th March 2023
Working For: Hendrix Gardens
You will be in charge of managing the site operation of getting trees, hedging and plants delivered to site, then setting out (using plans provided by the in-house design studio) and planting to a high-quality horticultural level. This will include staking, mulching and any other sundries applications required of a similar nature. Soft landscaping clearance, turfing and planting bed preparation work will be required occasionally. All works on site will be executed to a high level of horticultural practice, cleanliness and efficiency.
Once the gardens have been completed, you will be in charge of creating and delivering a maintenance programme. In addition to newly completed gardens which have been designed by Hendrix, you will be working on other gardens providing the same general garden maintenance services and garden renovation services. This will include all types of plant maintenance, grass cutting, hedge cutting, basic lawn care and pressure washing. Over time you would be required to gain qualifications to undertake at least ground-level chainsaw and arboriculture work.
Irrigation Work (infrequent)
The company aims to develop minor irrigation system services for planting beds and trees, which you will be required to learn and understand when required.
Office-based Work (less frequent, but increasing over time)
As a supervisor, there will be an element of desk-based work required in the job role. This will include (but is not limited to) completing time sheets, recording paperwork from suppliers, logging costs for materials used on jobs and occasionally organisation and delivery of marketing materials to prospective clients. All of the above will be required on an as-and-when-needed basis.
- Degree level qualification or higher (in Horticulture or similar subject)
- Passionate about gardens and landscaping
- Motivated to develop the job role and progress within the company
- Experience in soft landscaping industry of minimum 3 years
- Strong horticultural knowledge and plant identification
- Good organisational skills and able to work with and manage others
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with clients, co-workers and suppliers
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet timescales/ deadlines
- Experience using power tools such as lawnmowers, hedge cutters, leaf blowers
- Relevant tickets to operate telehandlers and mini-diggers would be advantageous but not essential
- Full-time only position available
- 37.5 hours per week (7.30am to 4pm with one hour break)
- £25-£30k salary depending on experience/ qualifications (pro-rata for part-time)
- 20 days holiday increasing by one day per year up to 25 days
- Performance-based bonus after probationary period
- Company van included (personal mileage TBC)
- Full drivers license required
How to Apply
Please email CVs to Aly at: email@example.com