Location: Mobile role. You must be within a reasonable commute of Norwich
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Up to £25,728 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Hours: Full Time. Average of 37 hours per week worked seasonally
As the global leader in commemoration with 12,000 sites in the UK, we are dedicated to ensuring the memory of those members of the Commonwealth forces who died during the two World Wars will never be forgotten. We are excited to offer this opportunity for an experienced gardener and horticulturist to join our team maintaining the plots in our care in the East Norfolk area.
We take a conservation-based and sustainable approach to maintaining our sites; selecting plants naturally suited to their location, looking at viable watering options and enhancing the biodiversity of our estate. This job is not just mowing lawns. You will be involved in all aspects of horticulture; turf culture, border maintenance, tree care, weeding, pruning, mulching and care of ornamental features. You will also be encouraged to share your ideas of how we can continue to improve the care of our sites and the environment in which we work.
This is a mobile role with lots of travel. Most of the time you will be working alone. You will have use of a van, so it is essential you are able to park it overnight at your address or a secure parking area. The role is practical, hands-on and requires a decent level of physical fitness. There may be occasions to stay overnight and costs will be covered.
Everyone who works for us, or with us, shares our Values, which are formed around our concept of CARE (Commitment, Ambition, Respect and Excellence). We are proud and committed to ensuring we bring this to life every day, for ourselves, each other and those who lost their lives.
You will be able to demonstrate:
Keen gardener and horticulturist, with NVQ Level 2 in Amenity Horticulture and/or experience of horticultural techniques and plant identification
- Understanding of Health & Safety
- Maintaining the highest horticultural standards
- Knowledge of sustainable garden practices
- Experience with a wide range of garden machinery, including ride-on mowers
- Reliable, trustworthy, self-motivated, punctual, good attention to detail and able to manage your own workloadAble to work in all types of weatherPride in the quality of your work and a genuine interest in who we are, what we do
In addition, we are looking for applicants who share our CARE Values of Commitment, Ambition, Respect and Excellence.
What We Offer:
- Generous pension scheme with employer contributions up to 15%
- Training and development opportunities
- A generous holiday allocation of 25 days, plus paid public holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year.
- Paid time off for all the public and bank holidays & paid closure between Christmas and New Year. To compensate for working additional hours over the course of a year, there are an additional 7 paid non-working days at Christmas.
- Life Assurance of up to 6 x salary
- Employee Benefits: 24-hour wellbeing helpline, Discount Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Workwear, PPE, van and tools and equipment
How to Apply:
Send your CV and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. See above for more details about the role and a downloadable copy of the application form.
We value the differences that a diverse workforce brings and are committed to creating a respectful work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and where any unlawful and/or unfair discrimination is eliminated. We will not unlawfully discriminate directly or indirectly in recruitment or employment on grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation or marital status, religion or belief.